COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 3/25/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
We reached out to some of our strategic media partners in helping us compile information for you, and the following is some insight they shared from their platforms.
Next week we’re hosting a client webinar that will include the latest changes from FMCSA relating to the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse (even those made in the last couple of weeks). Register today for “Top 10 Tips Carriers Need to Know About the FMCSA’s Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse” by CLICKING HERE.
- The Industry & Drivers Recognized During COVID-19 Pandemic – The transportation industry, specifically truck drivers, are being recognized and appreciated during this pandemic situation.
- Conversion Interactive is Providing Real-Time Coronavirus Updates – In an effort to keep you updated and informed with the latest numbers on the impact of this pandemic, we are providing the latest statistics on the outbreak. CLICK HERE to see updates and return as often as needed. Statistics are gathered every 10 minutes.
- FMCSA Grants Limited Exemptions for Expired CDLs & Medical Cards – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration on March 24 issued a formal notice that it will not take enforcement action for certain expired commercial driver licenses, learner permits and medical certifications through June 30.
- Online Search Trends – The Conversion Interactive Digital Media Team has been monitoring search terms over the past two weeks, and we have seen an up-tick in search volume for the “truck driver jobs” and the “truck driving jobs” keywords. In addition, potential drivers are searching more for specific job types.
- Google – “truck driving jobs” is the best performing keyword (for past 2 weeks when drivers are searching for jobs)
- Indeed – “truck driver jobs” is the best performing keyword (for past 2 weeks when drivers are searching for jobs)
- Top 5 Searches on Google for “truck driving jobs”:
- part time truck driving jobs near me
- amazon jobs
- amazon trucking driving jobs
- dedicated truck driving jobs
- home daily truck driving jobs
- CDL Life – the following is data provided by CDL Life comparing 2 full weeks of data – March 8th - 14th vs March 15th - 21st:
- 22.1% increase in total reach
- 22% increase in application volume
- 20.8% lower cost per app for the client
- 156% increase in pageview on cdllife.com from the news side of things, proving that drivers are consuming more content than ever.
- Pageviews: 156.7% Increase
- March 8-14: 674,183
- March 15-21: 1,730,677
- Pageviews: 156.7% Increase
- Hiremaster – the following is data and information provided by Hiremaster regarding traffic/conversions since the Coronavirus pandemic began:
- Arkansas 137% increase
- Oklahoma 56% increase
- Tennessee 26% increase
- Missouri 24% increase
- California 23% increase
- Ohio 21% increase
- Texas 9% increase
- DC down 70%
- Louisiana down 44%
- Massachusetts down 42%
- Washington down 33%
- Alabama down 26%
- New Jersey down 25%
- New York down 16%
- Tenstreet – ATS provider Tenstreet released a blog post this week with findings from their platform:
- 27% increase in applications (week of March 15-21)
- The level at which carriers are processing applications is down pretty dramatically on a percentage basis, relative to the applications received.
- Hiring activity took a big drop over the past two weeks as many carriers are being impacted.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.