COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 3/30/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Industry Insiders Predict 40% of Domestic Freight Volumes are Safe from Lockdown & Recessionary Pressures – While truckload freight volume is still well above any other time in history due to panic buying and hoarding by consumers, freight analysts are predicting that only 40% of domestic freight is safe from eventually bottoming out under the pressures of the COVID-19 lockdowns and a recession. These include food, medical supplies and consumer packaged goods.
- The President Extends Social-Distancing Guidelines to April 30th - President Trump has extended federal social-distancing guidelines to April 30th and said the coronavirus outbreak in the US is likely to peak in two weeks.
- ATRI Conducting Research on COVID-19 Impact on Trucking – The American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) is conducting a study to understand the impact COVID-19 is having on trucking operations. By participating you will help quantify how the trucking industry has responded during this unprecedented time. The survey link can be found by clicking here.
- FMCSA Updated Their Coronavirus Information & Resources Page – FMCSA has revamped their COVID-19 website with tools, resources, and answers to your FAQs. You can visit the page by clicking here.
- Truck Drivers Receive National Spotlight During Pandemic – Several media outlets have been giving shout-outs to drivers during the current crisis. This has been an amazing time for the industry to gain some positive recognition. Click here to see a story ABC News aired on Good Morning America on Friday.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- Truck Driver Job Postings Are Down – Overall, active truck driver job postings are down. The following is data we have showing which specific jobs and the decline since COVID-19:
- Truck Drivers – down 4.6%
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Drivers – down 5%
- Flatbed Drivers – down 4.8%
- Regional Truck Drivers – down 3.7%
- Owner Operators – down 3.1%
- Career Now Brands Top Insights – Career Now Brands provided the following insights and data into what they’re seeing in the market.
- We are seeing very strong growth across all metrics
- Organic reach and impressions are +42% MoM/+1,300% YoY
- Paid efforts are seeing similar success, with impressions + 115% YoY
- Email engagement rates are up nearly 100% MoM
- Ultimately carriers are feeling these successes through a 20% MoM increase in conversions (+73% YoY)
Reminder: Tomorrow we’re hosting a client webinar that will include the latest changes from FMCSA relating to the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse (even those made in the last couple of weeks). Register today for “Top 10 Tips Carriers Need to Know About the FMCSA’s Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse” by CLICKING HERE.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.