COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 4/13/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Carriers are Developing Driver Incentives Amid COVID-19 Crisis – Many carriers across the country are developing new driver incentives that include bonuses and financial support during the current pandemic. To read more click here.
- Class 8 Truck Orders Drop 50% YOY – Preliminary heavy-duty truck orders plunged 50% to 7,800 units in March from 15,783 in the same month a year ago. According to ACT Research, the reasons for the drop include weak freight demand and the spreading coronavirus.
- Current Economic Climate Might Be Ideal for Public Infrastructure Spending – Some analysts agree that since infrastructure investments typically drive job growth and consumer spending, now seems like a good time to move forward on infrastructure spending. To read more click here.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
Talroo – the following is data and information provided by Talroo which analyzes the YOY search data for drivers and owner-operators for the period of March 1 – April 7, 2019 vs March 1 – April 7, 2020:
- Average Daily CDL-A Company Driver Queries for March 1 – April 7, 2019: 262,309
- Average Daily CDL-A Company Driver Queries for March 1 – April 7, 2020: 403,561
- Average Daily Owner Operator Queries for March 1 – April 7, 2019: 37,995
- Average Daily Owner Operator Driver Queries for March 1 – April 7, 2020: 47,215
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email email@example.com.