COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 4/22/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Carriers Hiring Students Remain Concerned Over Closed State Drivers License Agencies – With more than 20 states still having State Drivers License Agencies closed, student truck drivers are in a holding pattern. Fleets are concerned this will impact carriers who want to hire new drivers when the pandemic subsides. Industry organizations like CVTA are continuing to urge governors to allow exceptions for drivers to protect the nation’s supply chain.
- Trucking Industry Leaders Say Process of Opening Up the Country Could Take 2 to 3 Months – American Trucking Associations President Chris Spear said this week the process of opening up the country completely could take 2 to 3 months, but he believes the trucking industry will propel the process. Spear along with several leaders from trucking companies nationwide are part of a panel commissioned by the White House to advise government officials about critical next steps in the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
- ATRI Research Shows Impact of COVID-19 on Trucking Activity – The American Trucking Research Institute released data today that analyzes truck activity from February 9 – April 18. The research shows there are initial signs of a return to normal; however, depending on the area of the country, trucking activity varies. To read more, click here.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
Social Media Usage Trends – the following is data and information relating to how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted social media usage.
- Facebook traffic is up 27%
- Netflix viewers and activity are up 16%
- com video views are up 15.3%
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.