COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 4/27/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Meat Processing Plant Shutdowns Impacting the Supply Chain – With dozens of meat processing plants shutting down due to COVID-10 outbreaks, the supply chain for refrigerated and livestock freight is being impacted. Some producers are warning the food supply chain is breaking. Click here to read more.
- TMC Launches a COVID-19 Community to Share Info & Keep Maintenance Operations Running – American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council has established TMC Connect, a collaborative community platform to help share information and mitigation practices to keep maintenance operations running during the current pandemic.
- Some States Are Re-Opening CDL Written Test Sites This Week – A few states are re-opening CDL written test sites this week and even more plan on opening next week as DMV locations across the country are planning a phased-approach to reopening. Check local state web sites to see when these openings are occurring.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
Social Media Trends – the following is data and information relating to how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting social media related to truck driver recruiting and retention.
- Total messaging has increased by 50% on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
- Facebook and Instagram stories – Facebook says the amount of stories is “unprecedented.”
- Video calling on Messenger is up 50%.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.