COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 4/3/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- States are Cancelling Truck Driving Championships – The coronavirus outbreak is forcing several states to postpone their state truck driving championships. As of now, the national competition, scheduled for Aug. 19-22 in Indianapolis, is still on. To learn more, and see the dates for state championships click here.
- Unemployment Claims Hit 6.6M This Week – The staggering new unemployment claims, announced April 2, double those of last week’s previous record high and bring to 10 million the number of people who have lost their jobs in the U.S. in just two weeks because of the outbreak.
- Transportation Economist Predict GDP Will Drop 11% in Q2 – FTR Transportation Intelligence is predicting significant impacts in the freight system as we move into the second quarter of 2020. To learn more about their forecasting, click here.
The following are recommendations from the Conversion Interactive Team on how you can use LeadLink to analyze your data during the COVID-19 crisis:
Use the map on the Awareness tab to determine hot spots for driver engagement.
- Select a pre-COVID-19 date-range and get a baseline for normal traffic.
- Take a screenshot of the map so you can compare your current data side-by-side.
- Select a similar date range to see the shift in driver engagement for the corresponding areas.
The data will give you a visual to how COVID-19 may be impacting the driver journey in specific hiring areas. Over time, you will begin to see a trend for your specific areas, and this should help you plan for the future. Don’t forget to take your budget into account when viewing your data.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email email@example.com.