COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 4/30/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Trucking Industry Urging Congress to Suspend FET for Trucks and Trailers – The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the National Auto Dealers Association (NADA) and more than 100 other state and local organizations are urging lawmakers to suspend the Federal Excise Tax (FED) on heavy trucks and trailers through 2021 to help with economic recovery for the industry.
- Carriers Seeking PPP Funds – According to a recent carrier survey of fleets of all sizes, 70% said they had applied for the Payroll Protection Program funds and 39% said they had been approved, with 5% saying they have been denied.
- Shippers Requiring PPE Masks at Facilities – Carriers are reporting they are getting multiple emails and calls from customers saying they’re now requiring personal protective equipment (primarily masks) at their facilities. In some cases fleets are struggling to provide this equipment to drivers. This week, the FMCSA announced it’s helping distribute masks to drivers at specific locations across the country. Click here to see the locations.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- According to Talroo, Warehouse and Logistics is the only industry to see an increase in searches on the platform during COVID – 15% increase.
- If you are experiencing significant and urgent demand for drivers or other employees, you may now indicate this with a “Hiring Surge” icon on your employer profile on Glassdoor.
- Overall job postings for CDL Jobs are up 3% month-over-month according to Emsi.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email email@example.com.