COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 5/11/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Trucking Lost Thousands of Jobs in April – The Labor Department reported 88,300 trucking and warehouse positions lost in labor cuts during the month of April, as the nation’s unemployment rose to 14.7% according to the latest unemployment report released on Friday. This is more jobs lost in one month for trucking than for the entire year of 2008.
- Tank Truck Carriers Hit Hard During COVID-19 – Tanker carriers are among the hardest hit segments of the trucking industry during the current pandemic. Demand for fuel and food commodities such as milk have fallen steeply while the nation has been in lockdown. In some cases, tanker carriers are seeing the worst economic downturn in the history of their business. To read more on this, click here.
- Driver iQ Compiled State-By-State Overview of DMV Closures & Delays – If you’re wondering how specific states are handling the COVID-19 crisis relating to DMV closures and delays, click here for a state-by-state update (as of 5/7/2020).
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- Search Term: “OTR truck driving jobs” is up 200% from last week nationwide on Google.
- Search Term: “Truck driving schools near me” is up 400% from last week nationwide on Google.
- According to Indeed, job seekers are searching for driver roles 40.5% more than the average site performance.
- “CDL Drivers” are the top category for drivers at 57.3% above average performance on Indeed searches.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.