COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 5/18/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Best Week in Load Volumes Since March Reported – Last week was the best week in load volumes reported since March, and the acceleration in freight volumes is meaningful according to freight analysts. Capacity remains loose, but volumes are brighter than they have looked in weeks.
- The Auto Industry Among First Major Sector Returning to Work This Week – A little more than half of the auto industry’s workforce are expected to pour back in to auto plants this week. Most of the plants have been shut down since mid-March due to fears of spreading the coronavirus. These re-openings are good news for carriers hauling automotive freight.
- Carriers Not Inclined to Order New Assets – Not only are tractor orders down to record lows, but data released last week shows that trailer orders were at the lowest level on record in April (dating back 30 years). Fleets remain reluctant to take delivery on scheduled orders and are certainly not inclined to make new orders today among the current economic climate.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- Currently, social media video ads on average are getting 22% to 30% better cost-per-response than standard static image ads.
- Podcast streams and downloads are up 78% amid COVID-19 for users in the United States. What does that mean for driver recruiting? Brands have an opportunity to piggy-back off the increased listeners if you want to invest in new ways to highlight your brand.
- Instagram and Facebook Live video views have doubled during COVID-19. Brands who are communicating in the Live option on these platforms are garnering the advantage in recruiting.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.