COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 5/26/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Weekly Load Volume Up Again Last Week – Load volumes in most sectors continue to improve as freight analysts and experts cited another strong week in load volumes last week. National outbound tender volumes were up 7% year-over-year last week.
- Carriers Receiving PPP Loan – 51% of carries surveyed by CCJ last week indicated they applied for and have received the Paycheck Protection Program loan from the government. Only 3% were turned down and 42% said they did not apply.
- State Associations Providing PPE – Several state associations across the country are helping carriers provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to carriers to distribute to drivers. Because masks and gloves are often difficult to come by during COVID-19, this is helping carriers help drivers.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- According to Talroo, many states are beginning to bounce back and see more job seeker activity not only in the driver sector, but in all sectors. Most notably, the Warehouse/Logistics sector is seeing increased job seeker activity in specific states that have reopened:
- Texas up 12%
- Florida up 13%
- Illinois up 6%
- Georgia up 69%
- Conversion Interactive Agency is hosting a webinar next week for driver recruiting leaders who are preparing for recovery post COVID-19. We will share what carriers are doing today and what specific steps fleets should be taking to prepare for recovery. You and your recruiting team will leave with a better understanding of how other carriers are responding to the pandemic, as well as practical take-aways for your team to implement as you gear up to recruit and retain drivers in the post-COVID-19 driver market. Join us for this informative webinar! Click here to register.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email email@example.com.