COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 5/28/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Carriers Adjusting to “New Normal” Amid COVID-19 – Many carriers have completely shifted the way they do business during COVID-19, and leaders say operations both inside and outside the office have been impacted. From virtual sales force interactions to contactless driver transactions, fleets are adopting to the changes in their operations. To read more, click here.
- Economists Predicting Robust Economic Recovery – This week Donald Broughton, managing partner and principal with Broughton Capital shared his economic forecast for the second half of 2020, and he said the economy’s recovery will be more robust and occur more quickly than many might think. He attributes the speedy recovery predictions to low interest rates, low inflation and improvement in domestic manufacturing.
- FMCSA to Conduct Remote Compliance Reviews Until Emergency Period Ends – A few weeks ago, the FMCSA announced they will be conducting compliance reviews without “on-site” visits using all technology available. Now, they have provided additional guidance for carriers letting them know this policy is effective until the COVID-19 national emergency has been revoked.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- According to Randall Reilly, the following are the top three questions asked by drivers during COVID-19:
- When traveling for orientation can I have my own room or will I have to share?
- Is there any way I can take part in orientation online?
- Am I able to rent a car and drive myself instead of taking a bus or flying?
- Conversion Interactive Agency is hosting a webinar next week for driver recruiting leaders who are preparing for recovery post COVID-19. We will share what carriers are doing today and what specific steps fleets should be taking to prepare for recovery. You and your recruiting team will leave with a better understanding of how other carriers are responding to the pandemic, as well as practical take-aways for your team to implement as you gear up to recruit and retain drivers in the post-COVID-19 driver market. Join us for this informative webinar! Click here to register.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.