COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 5/4/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Experts Say Transportation is One of the 5 Most Targeted Industries by Cyber-Attackers During COVID-19 – Cyber-attackers have been targeting carriers during COVID-19, and experts say as states begin to re-open, the bullseye on trucking’s infrastructure will only grow larger. To read more, click here.
- S. Manufacturing Numbers Released Show How Virus is Impacting the Economy – The Institute for Supply Management reports its manufacturing index dropped to 41.5 last month from 49.1 in March. Anything below 50 signals contraction. Production, new orders, hiring and export orders all fell faster in April than they did in March.
- Carriers Protesting Low Freight Rates – On Friday, a convoy of around 70 small business trucking company owners convoyed to the nation’s capitol to protest low freight rates amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and more protests were scheduled in Chicago and Los Angeles. They are proposing the government put a cap on the percentage brokers can take on a load.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- Engagement ads for social media advertising are performing better than other ad types during COVID-19, as drivers are consuming more content and interested in hearing from carriers providing transparency during this time.
- Poll ads are also working well for social media advertising. Asking drivers’ preferences can also help build custom audiences for future campaigns.
- Total messaging on Facebook and Instagram is up 50% during COVID-19, which helps explain why Messenger ads are also performing well and provide a great way to start conversations that lead to full applications.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.