COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 5/7/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- April Truck Orders Were Lowest in Over Two Decades – North American Class 8 truck orders plunged for the second month in a row to only 4,000 units. This is the lowest order activity since 1996 – 44% below March and 73% less than a year ago. Fleets are delaying truck orders and cancelling orders scheduled for near-term deliveries amid economic uncertainty over the COVID-19 crisis.
- Non-Preventable Crashes No Longer Counted Against Carriers – Some good news for carriers this week amid the COVID-19 noise was that the FMCSA announced non-preventable crashes no longer count against carriers. This is a big win for the industry, as a carrier’s Crash Indicator BASIC score will no longer be calculated using non-preventable crashes.
- Corporate Bankruptcies on Pace to Top 2008 Recession – Data released by Federal Reserve researchers this week underscores how severe the financial concerns are for corporate America. Businesses are grappling with a collapse in demand, supply disruptions and persistent uncertainty over the timeline for re-opening the economy. Corporate bankruptcies are already outpacing the last recession in 2008.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
During COVID-19, Consider Adding More Facebook Live Videos to Your Social Media Strategy –
- Users who do not have a Facebook account can still watch your Facebook Live video when the settings are set to “public.” This means you can reach more potential drivers.
- Facebook now supports automatic closed captioning on Facebook Live videos, which provides opportunities for more reach and ways to get your content out to drivers.
- Facebook is also offering a toll free telephone network, allowing Facebook Live viewers to call in to the audio of a live broadcast.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email email@example.com.