COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 6/1/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Transportation One of the Most Targeted Sectors by Cyber Attackers During First 100 Days of COVID-19 – According to cybersecurity agency Mimecast, transportation was one of the three most targeted sectors by cyber attackers during the first 100 days of the pandemic. The firm added there’s a 95% chance that cyberattacks will increase after COVID-19.
- Economists & Freight Analysts Optimistic as the Industry Recovers – According to freight analysts, the freight market hit bottom around the middle of April, but long haul freight is now outpacing shorter haul freight. With all 50 states relaxing COVID-19 shutdown orders, shipments and rates are trending back up.
- Impact of Protestors on the Freight World – Fleets are recalling drivers and adjusting routes in several cities affected by protests, including Chicago, Los Angeles, and Portland. As the protests over the death of George Floyd continued this week, carriers had to respond to keep their drivers safe and avoid the crowds while still trying to continue operations.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- According to Indeed, job postings for nonmedical essential workers, including truck drivers, are up. Employer demand for truck drivers is going up as more fleets are posting jobs as the country reopens.
- Conversion Interactive Agency is hosting a webinar next week for driver recruiting leaders who are preparing for recovery post COVID-19. We will share what carriers are doing today and what specific steps fleets should be taking to prepare for recovery. You and your recruiting team will leave with a better understanding of how other carriers are responding to the pandemic, as well as practical take-aways for your team to implement as you gear up to recruit and retain drivers in the post-COVID-19 driver market. Join us for this informative webinar! Click here to register.
Reminder: We are also sending out updates for your drivers so you can provide them with valuable information that will help them on the road. You can find the latest driver update here on our blog.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.