COVID-19 & Driver Recruiting: Updates for 6/17/2020
We understand you and your team are battling the challenge of recruiting and retaining drivers during this unexpected pandemic situation. Conversion Interactive Agency is committed to regularly sharing with you the trends, information and data we are collecting that impacts you and your carrier.
While this is an ever-changing situation, below is a rundown of what we know today:
- Freight Demand Continues to Improve – Freight demand has improved after the shockwaves of COVID-19, rates are increasing and load volume continues to pick up. This is impacting capacity demand, but driver turnover remains much lower than the pre-COVID timeframe.
- Your Drivers Are Most Concerned About Access to PPE – In a survey of more than 1,600 drivers conducted by Professional Driver Agency, 54% of drivers said during this time they are most concerned about access to personal protective equipment.
- Transport Topics Recognizes Frontline Heroes – Transport Topics is accepting nominations for their Frontline Heroes campaign. Carriers can nominate individuals here through June 22nd. Selected individuals will be recognized on a digital video series on July 27 and the September 14th issue of Transport Topics.
The following includes information on driver recruitment media and marketing updates from Conversion Interactive Agency and our valued partners:
- The search term “Truck Driver Jobs” is performing right at where it was this time last year, as it took a surprising leap last week.
- According to Indeed, job seekers are searching for driver roles 40.5% more than other sectors, and CDL Drivers are leading the category with 57.3% above site performance.
- CDL Driver Job postings are up 24% month-over-month, but down 55% year-over-year.
If you have specific information you would like to know or would like us to research, please email email@example.com.