How to Create Videos for Your Driver Recruiting Strategy in 3 Simple Steps
The average person will spend 100 minutes a day this year watching videos online, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts. To put that in perspective, that’s 25 whole days in a year. If you aren’t using video content to recruit drivers on social media, your competitors probably are. It’s time to step up that content game and get to filming. Here are three simple steps to help get you started.
Before you immediately pull out your phone and film, get out that pen and paper. Taking the time to work through topics will help you create videos that really resonate with drivers. That way, you’re not wasting time. Brainstorming is one of the most important, but often overlooked, pieces of the puzzle.
You need to know the following things before making a video that will encourage prospective drivers to apply for a position with your carrier:
- What qualifies you as an expert in the trucking industry?
- What does your carrier do that is better than any other company?
- What do you do for your current drivers and why should someone apply to drive for you?
It’s essential to know the answers to these questions. Not just because you want to create an engaging video that will generate applications, but because when recruiting drivers, you need to know what sets your company apart.
There are several different ways you can film videos that will address the questions above!
- Interview-Style: Include someone from your recruiting team and ask questions that will point to why drivers should work for you.
- Behind-The-Scenes: This type of video is perfect for turning drivers into loyal employees. Use them to share your recruiting process, the kind of equipment your drivers use or even give a glimpse into the daily life of a driver who works for your company. This kind of transparency lets drivers know the benefits on paper match the experience in real-life.
- Live Streaming: Whether you’re using Facebook or Instagram, live streaming can help you answer driver questions in real-time. This is the perfect opportunity to have a recruiter talk one-on-one with drivers and show that your company cares.
Share your Videos!
Look how far you’ve come. You’ve answered some tough questions about what sets your company apart in the trucking industry, come up with video content topics, and determined what kind of videos will be best for your driver recruiters to create. Here’s a quick checklist to make sure your videos have the best possible reach:
- Write the title with your drivers in mind. Capture their attention and make it compelling.
- When you upload the video, use a keyword-optimized description that’s optimized for search. That way, drivers will find your informative video with ease.
- Upload and share your video. Once you’ve shared your video, you will want to be prepared for those job applications to come flooding in!
Does your company need help in creating a smart social video content strategy? Get in touch with us today!