Social Media Recap of the 10th Annual Recruiting & Retention Conference
By: Leah Mackey Schultz, Director of Social Media Operations
In February we hosted our 10th Annual Recruiting & Retention Conference. This year we were excited to present, for the first time ever, our Social Media Command Center (SMCC)! The SMCC served as a physical hub aggregating all the social media conversations and data surrounding the conference. Through the duration of the conference the Command Center was set up displaying live Tweets, Facebook Posts, Instagram photos, etc. as they were published to the social web. You can see a full photo album of event photos on our Facebook page. We were able to aggregate and display content based on social media listening software configured to capture mentions of the official event hashtag, #RRC2013, and more.
During the event our social media strategists were listening to the conversations and responding to posts as necessary. After the end of the conference we deployed a social media conversation report. There were some key findings that we were able to discover:
- There were 298 mentions of the 2013 conference on the social web from 11/12/12 – 2/20/13. Social Media chatter for the conference rose 86% in 2013 over the previous year.
- The majority of mentions came from Twitter with a smaller portion from Facebook, news articles and blog posts.
- 61% of posts were positive in sentiment; the rest were neutral. There were zero negatively sentimented posts.
- The event’s official hashtag, #RRC2013 was the # 1 most mentioned keyword.
- Conversation volume peaked on Feb. 12, 2013with 115 posts that day.
- On Twitter, there were 193,339 estimated impressions from 250 mentions by 52 unique users.